AMBIENT DESIGN LAUNCHES ARTRAGE 4.5 WITH 64-BIT SUPPORT FOR FASTER PAINTING, LARGER CANVASES, AND MORE COMPLEX PROJECTS
Free Upgrade for All
Registered Users of ArtRage 4 --
August 14, 2014, San Francisco, CA – Ambient Design (www.artrage.com), the award-winning creator of realistic art software for Mac, Windows, iPad and iPhone, announces the launch of ArtRage 4.5, a major upgrade to their popular painting software for Mac and Windows. This update is free for all registered users of ArtRage 4, available for immediate download from the ArtRage Members Area at: http://members.artrage.com, with upgrade discounts for owners of previous versions of ArtRage. Full information can be found at: http://www.artrage.com/artrage-4/free-update.
ArtRage 4.5 features a 64-bit engine for Mac OS X and Windows, which provides speed improvements and enables working on larger canvases and more complex projects. ArtRage 4.5 also includes canvas grid overlays, stylus tilt support for the pencil tool, a new font picker, multi-touch gesture support for Mac OS X, and more (see the list below).
New in ArtRage 4.5:
• 64-Bit Support: ArtRage 4.5 now supports 64-bit processors on Windows and OS X, which means you can work on significantly larger file sizes and canvases and at much faster speeds. 32-bit processors are also supported from the same installer.
• Canvas Grid Overlay: highly customizable grid overlays are available on the Canvas and Reference Images to help you map out your paintings and designs in pixels or proportions. Users can choose between a non-interactive guide or have lines “Snap To Grid.”
• Live Pencil Tilt: the Pencil Tool now supports Tilt input from your stylus to adjust the angle of the pencil when sketching on devices with tilt support, such as the Wacom Cintiq or Intuos Pro.
Other Tweaks and Improvements:
· Improved Font Picking.
· OS X multi-touch gestures for MacBook touchpads and tablets with touch support, such as the Wacom Cintiq.
· Faster Undo, Redo, and Transform operations.
· Manual sorting of Toolbox objects and Color Samples.
· Ability to move and duplicate resources between categories.
ArtRage 4.5 System Specifications:
· Compatible with 32 and 64 bit versions of Windows Vista, 7, and 8.
· Compatible with 32 and 64 bit versions of Mac OS X 10.6 or later.
· Previous 4.0 version available for download for WinXP users.
· Supports touch and screen tablet devices, such as Microsoft Surface Pro.
· Interface runs in English, French, German, Dutch, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, and Russian (manual in English).
· Price: $49.90 U.S.
ArtRage 4.5 is Compatible with Industry Standards
ArtRage is the easiest way to create works of art that look and feel like their real world counterparts, avoiding the traditional computer generated look with a paint simulation that captures the nuances of real expressive media. Anybody who spent a few hours in Adobe Photoshop or Autodesk Sketchbook should quickly pick up familiar functions in ArtRage like layers, opacity, blend modes, plugins, selections, stencils, rulers, transforms, grid tools and scripting. More important, anybody who has picked up a real paintbrush or pencil will feel at home with the artistic tools provided. Free trial version can be tried out at www.artrage.com.
ArtRage 4.5 Users and Artists Quotes:
“I can definitely say that I’ve felt the benefit of improved speed, and have found the ability to drag items around in the toolbox to reorganize at will very useful. I’ve found it particularly handy for tinkering with sets of color samples, when you need to add a new color and want it to fit in,” - Nick Harris, Nickillus.com.
“I am absolutely delighted with the improved Font Selection process… I am finding the grid really useful as well. As a lover of Art Nouveau style borders, I can see where to work within the grid, then use the symmetry tool to create one in a flash, which I am having such fun doing. ‘Snap to’ on the grid with Ink Pen Smoothing is also useful to get those sleek controlled sweeps,” - Robyn Rinehart, http://robynrinehart.blogspot.com/
“For me, as a teacher, instructor, the ‘grid’ is a very powerful resource in many ways. It allows students to have a baseline to establish comparative dimensions… I use ArtRage 100% for layers combining with manipulated photos and texts published in ArtRage,” - Professor Damasocl.
“64-bit support is one of my favorite aspects of the 4.5 upgrade,” - David K Manuel, davidkmanuel.com.
ArtRage 4.5 Free to ArtRage 4 Users
Available immediately for Mac OSX 10.6 and later, and Windows Vista or later, ArtRage 4.5 supports standard desktop computers, tablets, interactive white boards, and touch screens. ArtRage 4.5 is priced at $49.90 from: http://www.artrage.com/artrage-store.html (free for registered ArtRage 4 owners at: http://members.artrage.com), info at: http://www.artrage.com/artrage-4/free-update/. Owners of previous editions of ArtRage (ArtRage 2, ArtRage 3 Studio, or ArtRage 3 Studio Pro) can receive a 50% discount on the price of ArtRage 4.5 by registering and upgrading at http://members.artrage.com. In addition, ArtRage for iPad and ArtRage for iPhone are priced at $4.99 and $1.99 respectively from the Apple iTunes Store. For more information, see www.artrage.com, Facebook: www.facebook.com/artrage, or Twitter: @ArtRage https://twitter.com/ArtRage (previously @ArtRage_Radar).
About Ambient Design Ltd.
Ambient Design Ltd. is a New Zealand-based global software development and publishing firm, specializing in creative applications and user interfaces for artists of all ages and all levels of competency, including professionals, hobbyists and students. The principals have over 40 years collective experience in combining complex image processing algorithms with an easily accessible user experience. Ambient Design Ltd. was founded in 2000 by Andy Bearsley and Matt Fox-Wilson, formerly of MetaCreations, the developer of Painter, Bryce and Kai’s Power Tools. Ambient Design’s products are available in 12 languages and have been downloaded over 30 million times. For more information, see www.artrage.com.
For More information:
ArtRage Social Media and Communities:
ArtRage and the BrushMan logo are trademarks of Ambient Design Ltd. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
The contents of all photos,
graphics, and text are protected by copyright